Friday, July 19, 2013

Outfit// Babe Squad













What Am I Wearing
Feather Hearts 'Babe Squad' Shirt- Nylon Shop
Lightwash Denim Circle Skirt- American Apparel
Sunflower Bandeau-American Apparel
Platfrom Sneakers-Urban Outfitters
Hat-Dad's Closet


Sometimes I wonder why we dress the way we dress. Is it because fashion magazines tell us 'prints are in' or because the famous girl on Lookbook wore her tights under her shorts. Nowadays we are all try to fit under one tab, different; but if the different tab is full of the same kind of thing is it really different? In the fashion world there are lots of what I like to call 'fashion stereotypes.' There's the tomboy, the girly girl, the punk rocker, the bohemian queen and the list goes on. Do you ever wonder how you shifted to the stereotype you most relate with?

When I started to think about the reasons on why I decided to dress the way I do I always found myself coming back to being different. I didn't want to wear the basic jeans and t-shirt combo and I didn't want to be the next Lolita princess, but I knew I wanted to be something. Something I can look back ages from now and be proud of, something I knew would express me without words. 

Today's outfit was inspired by the word Babe. It's the bio on my Instagram and it's the one word I can use to describe how I want to look in the morning oh and a cute guy or so. I ordered this shirt off of the Nylon Shop. It was about $32, breaking the bank in my opinion but I couldn't pass it up. So I ordered it in red and I counted down the days until it came! Another piece that I am super happy I ordered was this bandeau from American Apparel. If you look at my most recent What's Up in Fashionlanland post you will see I was ogling over the sunflower collection at American Apparel. When I saw this was only $16 I knew I had to have! 

Later Babes!

Sincerely,
Lo
Follow Me On ~Bloglovin'~ ~Instagram~

4 comments:

  1. Love that bandeau! Great outfit & post!

    xo
    Jodi
    youngcatladyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely feel the same way about fashion. I try to just wear what I like and stay away from trends/stereotypes, but it's difficult, especially with the Internet now.

    By the way, I love your skirt! I actually bought the same one in that color about a month ago.

    mango--mochi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is getting more difficult and thanks this is like one if my favorite skirts.

      Delete